Every year during the holidays I make a CD for my friends of favorite music from the past 12 months. This year I fell in love with a lot of different music, but because the Mix is geared towards all things celebratory, I stuck with the danceable, fun and/or relaxing. iTunes won’t let me burn a CD for everyone, but here is the playlist – anyone notice a theme??
- I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’ – Scissor Sisters
- Can’t Stop – Ozomatli
- Ain’t Nothing Wrong With That – Robert Randolph
- Sultanas de Merkaillo – Ojos de Brujo
- 15 Step – Radiohead
- Unbound – Suzanne Vega
- That Right Ain’t S**t – The Books
- I Feel It All – Feist
- Sleeping With The Lights On – Teitur
- Couldn’t Sleep – Milosh
- Strange Imaginary Remix – Dennis DeSantis
- Tokyo – The Books
- Imitosis – Andrew Bird
- One and Only – Teitur
- Fiddlegree – Clogs
- Morning: Good – Anat Fort
- Sleep – Eric Whitacre/Polyphony
Although I know perfectly well this music will end up shuffled around in iPods, I still completely obsess over the order of the songs. It’s my job to create meaningful musical experience, after all!
Happy New Year!!